Beau Dodson's WeatherTalk Blog

March 23, 2018: Unsettled and rainy weather. Non-subscriber post.

Evening Update

Evening data continues to show a large difference in weather conditions tomorrow across our region.

Widespread rain and some thunderstorms over the northeast half and then scattered rain or no rain to the southwest.

I went fairly low on rain probabilities for SE Missouri tomorrow and even a portion of southwest Illinois.

Rain coverage is questionable, at best, from along and west of a line from Spart, IL to Paducah, KY to Murray, KY. This is especially true as we move past 10 AM.

Six hour rain totals from 7 AM to 1 PM. Notice the large difference in numbers.

The daily forecast has been updated (3 PM).  Scroll down for that information.

Brief afternoon update.

No major changes in the morning data concerning rain.  Temperatures have trended colder.

Plan on rain Saturday and then hope for the best.

There is a 100% chance that there will be a lot of rain on radar.  There remain questions on coverage across southeast Missouri and a bit less so east of there.

The coverage of rain will be greatest over our northern and eastern counties.

Either way, plan on rain and some thunderstorms.

Here is the latest high resolution 3K NAM model guidance future-cast radar.  Timestamp upper left.

NAM has trended colder for more of the region Saturday.  Tough tough forecast on high temperatures Saturday morning into the afternoon.

WeatherTalk monthly operating costs can top $2000.00.  Your $3 subscription helps pay for those costs.  I work for you.

For $3 a month you can receive the following.  You may choose to receive these via your WeatherTalk app or regular text messaging.

1.  Severe weather app/text alerts from my keyboard to your app/cell phone.  These are hand typed by Beau.   During tornado outbreaks, you will receive numerous app/text messages telling you exactly where the tornado is located.
  2.  Daily forecast app/texts from my computer to your app/cell phone.
  3.  Social media links sent directly to your app/cell phone.  When I update the blog, videos, or Facebook you will receive the link.
  4.  AWARE emails.  These emails keep you well ahead of the storm. They give you several days of lead time before significant weather events.
  5.  Direct access to Beau via text and email.  Your very own personal meteorologist.  I work for you!
  6.  Missouri and Ohio Valley centered video updates
  7.  Long-range weather videos
  8.  Week one, two, three and four temperature and precipitation outlooks.
  9.  Monthly outlooks.
  10.  Your subscription also will help support several local charities.

Haven’t you subscribed?  Subscribe at www.beaudodsonweather.com

Example of a recent severe weather alert.  I issued this well before the official tornado warning.  You would have had plenty of time for you and your family to seek shelter.

Your $3 per month also helps support these local charity projects.

I encourage subscribers to use the app vs regular text messaging.  We have found text messaging to be delayed during severe weather.  The app typically will receive the messages instantly.  I recommend people have three to four methods of receiving their severe weather information.

Remember, my app and text alerts are hand typed and not computer generated.  You are being given personal attention during significant weather events.

WWW.WEATHERTALK.COM subscribers, here is my day to day schedule for your weather products.

Radars:

Interactive live weather radar page.  Choose the city nearest your location. If one of the cities does not work then try a nearby one.  Click here.

March 23, 2018
Friday F
orecast Details
Forecast
:  Mostly cloudy.  Scattered showers.  Perhaps an afternoon thunderstorm.  Greater rain coverage this afternoon vs this morning and it may center itself over southern Illinois and northwest Kentucky.
Temperatures:  MO ~  55 to 60        IL ~ 52 to 58        KY ~  55 to 60     TN ~  55 to 60
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 40%      IL ~  60%       KY ~ 40% to 50%          TN ~  40% to 50%
Coverage of precipitation: Scattered to perhaps numerous.  Greater coverage in the afternoon.
Winds:  South and southeast at 7 to 14 mph and gusty
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Wet roadways.  Lightning.
My confidence in the forecast verifying: High
Is severe weather expected? Unlikely
The NWS defines severe weather as 58 mph wind or great, 1″ hail or larger, and/or tornadoes
Should I cancel my outdoor plans? I would suggest monitoring updates and radars.  There will be rain in the region.
Sunrise 6:53 AM

Radars:

Interactive live weather radar page.  Choose the city nearest your location. If one of the cities does not work then try a nearby one.  Click here.

Friday  Night Forecast Details:
Forecast: Temperatures may hold steady or even rise tonight as a warm front pushes into the region (especially true over the southwest half of the region).  Cloudy.  A chance of showers.  Thunderstorms possible.  A few storms could produce small hail.
Temperatures:  MO ~  46 to 52        IL ~ 44 to 48         KY ~  44 to 48      TN ~ 45 to 50
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 60%      IL ~  60%       KY ~  60%          TN ~  60%
Coverage of precipitation:  Scattered to perhaps becoming numerous
Winds:  South and southeast at 7 to 14 mph with gusts to 18 mph
What impacts are anticipated from the weather?  Wet roadways.  Lightning.  Small hail possible.
Is severe weather expected?  Monitor updates.  Severe weather is unlikely.  Hail is possible.
The NWS defines severe weather as 58 mph wind or great, 1″ hail or larger, and/or tornadoes
Should I cancel my outdoor plans? Have a plan B and monitor updates/radars.
Sunset  7:08 PM

March 24, 2018

This is a complicated forecast.  I will break it down by state.

Saturday F
orecast Details
Forecast
:

LOW confidence on temperatures Saturday.  Let’s just get that out of the way!  I will give it my best shot.

Guidance is indicating morning showers are likely, but then coverage may diminish with time from west to east.  Areas along and west of a line from Sparta, IL to Paducah, KY to Murray, KY may see less coverage as we move past 9 or 10 AM.

Some areas may remain dry most of the day.

To the northeast, there will be widespread rain.

Southeast Missouri:  Mostly cloudy.  We may have some breaks in the clouds from time to time.  Warm.  Breezy.  A 50% of scattered showers and thunderstorms before 12 PM and then a 40% chance after 1 PM.  High temperatures 64 to 68 degrees (if we have a bit more sun then some upper 60’s are not out of the question).  Winds becoming south and southwest and eventually west at 10 to 20 mph.  Gusty winds possible.

Southwest Illinois:  Mostly cloudy.  Some breaks in the clouds possible.  An 60% of scattered showers and thunderstorms before 12 PM and then 30% after 1 AM.  High 50 to 55 in the Randolph County area and then 55 to 60 degrees in the Carbondale and Cairo, Illinois area.  There could be a wide range of temperatures depending on where the warm front is placed.  Higher than normal potential for the temperature forecast to bust.  South and southwest winds becoming west at 10 to 20 mph.  Winds near the front will be in the 6 to 12 mph range.

Southeast Illinois:  Mostly cloudy.  Rain likely.  A rumble of thunder possible.  Bulk of the rain will be before 1 PM and then becoming more scattered during the afternoon.  Cool.  High 38 to 46.  Wide range of temperatures.  Temperatures will depend on the placement of the warm front.  East and southeast winds at 10 to 20 mph.  Winds near the front will only be in the 6 to 12 mph range.

Northwest Kentucky and the Pennyrile area of western Kentucky:  Cloudy.  Rain likely.  Thunder possible.  Cool.  Bulk of the rain before 3 PM and then becoming more scattered late in the day.  High 44 to 55.  Wide range of temperatures.  Higher than normal risk of the temperature forecast busting.  If the warm front is further north and east then warmer temperatures will occur.  East and southeast winds at 10 to 20 mph.  Winds near the front will only be in the 6 to 12 mph range.

Far western Kentucky and northwest Tennessee:  Mostly cloudy.  Some breaks in the clouds possible.  Rain showers and some thunderstorms likely before 11 AM.  Rain becoming increasingly scattered the later into the day we move.  Bulk of the rain will likely be before 11 AM. Wide range of temperatures possible.  Highs 55 to 64.  Again, high chance of a temperature bust.  Meaning it could be cooler or warmer depending on the placement of the warm front.  Southeast and south winds becoming southwest at 10 to 20 mph.  Winds near the front will be lighter.

Coverage of precipitation: Scattered to widespread depending on the path of the area of low pressure.  Rain coverage will be least in the Poplar Bluff, MO area and greatest in southeast Illinois, northwest Kentucky, and the Pennyrile of western Kentucky.
Winds:  South and southwest at 10 to 20 mph.  Becoming west at 10 to 20 mph and gusty.
My confidence in the forecast verifying: LOW confidence on temperatures.  Medium confidence on rain chances.
Is severe weather expected? Unlikely.  Small risk for pea to dime size hail.
Should I cancel my outdoor plans? Have a plan B and monitor the radars.
Sunrise 6:51 AM

Saturday  Night Forecast Details:
Forecast: Cloudy.  A few remaining showers possible.  Rain ending west to east.  Turning colder.
Temperatures:  MO ~  34 to 40        IL ~ 34 to 38        KY ~  38 to 44         TN ~ 40 to 45
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 30%      IL ~  30%       KY ~  40%          TN ~  40%
Coverage of precipitation: Becoming scattered
Winds:  Winds becoming west and northwest area-wide.
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Wet roadways.  Perhaps lightning early in the evening.
My confidence in the forecast verifying: Medium
Should I cancel my outdoor plans? Have a plan B early and then monitor radars.
Sunset  7:09 PM

March 25, 2018
Sunday F
orecast Details
Forecast
:  A mix of sun and clouds.  A slight chance of a shower.
Temperatures:  MO ~  53 to 56      IL ~ 53 to 56        KY ~  54 to 58      TN ~  55 to 60
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 20%      IL ~  20%       KY ~20%          TN ~  20%
Coverage of precipitation: Isolated to widely scattered.
Winds:  East and northeast at 5 to 10 mph
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Isolated wet roadways.  Believe it will mostly be dry.
Is severe weather expected?  No
Should I cancel my outdoor plans? No
Sunrise 6:50 AM

Sunday  Night Forecast Details:
Forecast: Becoming cloudy.  A few showers developing.
Temperatures:  MO ~  38 to 44        IL ~ 38 to 44         KY ~  40 to 45         TN ~ 44 to 45
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 30%      IL ~  20%       KY ~  20%          TN ~  20%
Coverage of precipitation: Isolated
Winds: East at 4 to 8 mph
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Wet roadways.
Is severe weather expected? No
Should I cancel my outdoor plans? Monitor updates
Sunset  7:10 PM

March 26, 2018
Monday F
orecast Details
Forecast
:  Cloudy.  Rain increasing southwest to northeast as the day wears on.  Lightning possible.
Temperatures:  MO ~  58 to 64      IL ~ 58 to 64        KY ~ 58 to 64       TN ~ 58 to 64
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 70%      IL ~  70%       KY ~60%          TN ~  60%
Coverage of precipitation: Scattered to perhaps widespread
Winds:  South and southeast 8 to 16 mph with gusts to 20 mph
What impacts are anticipated from the weather?  Wet roadways.  Lightning.
Is severe weather expected?  Unlikely
Should I cancel my outdoor plans? Have a plan B and monitor updates.
Sunrise 6:48 AM

Monday  Night Forecast Details:
Forecast:  Cloudy.  Scattered showers.  Windy.  An isolated thunderstorm possible.  Some of the rain could be moderate to heavy across southeast Missouri and southwest Illinois.
Temperatures:  MO ~  50 to 55        IL ~ 50 to 54         KY ~  48 to 54         TN ~ 50 to 55
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 70% western parts of southeast Missouri and 50% eastern sections      IL ~  40%       KY ~  40% for far western Kentucky and 30% for the Pennyrile area.          TN ~  40%
Coverage of precipitation: Scattered
Winds: South and southeast 10 to 20 mph and gusty
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Wet roadways.  Small chance of lightning over southeast Missouri and southwest Illinois.  Moderate to heavy downpours.
My confidence in the forecast verifying:  Medium
Should I cancel my outdoor plans?  Have a plan B and monitor updates.
Sunset  7:11 PM

March 27, 2018
Tuesday F
orecast Details
Forecast
:  Cloudy.  Showers and thunderstorms possible.  Windy.  Some of the rain could be moderate to heavy across southeast Missouri and southern Illinois.
Temperatures:  MO ~  63 to 66       IL ~ 63 to 66        KY ~  64 to 68     TN ~ 64 to 68
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 80%      IL ~  70%       KY ~ 60% for far western Kentucky and 40% for the Pennyrile area into northwest Kentucky.          TN ~  40%
Coverage of precipitation: Widespread across southeast Missouri and southern Illinois. Scattered for western Kentucky and Tennessee.
Winds:  South 10 to 20 mph with higher gusts
What impacts are anticipated from the weather?  Wet roadways.  Lightning.  Moderate to heavy downpours possible.
My confidence in the forecast verifying:  Medium
Is severe weather expected?  Unlikely, but monitor updates.
Should I cancel my outdoor plans?  Have a plan B and monitor updates.
Sunrise 6:47 AM

Tuesday  Night Forecast Details:
Forecast: Cloudy.  Rain.  I can’t rule out a thunderstorm.
Temperatures:  MO ~  46 to 54         IL ~ 46 to 54         KY ~ 50 to 55         TN ~ 50 to 55
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 70%      IL ~  70%       KY ~  70%          TN ~  70%
Coverage of precipitation: Widespread
Winds: South winds becoming southwest and west at 10 to 20 mph
What impacts are anticipated from the weather?  Wet roadways.  Moderate to heavy downpours possible.  Lightning possible (although instability might be lacking).
Should I cancel my outdoor plans?  Have a plan B.
Sunset  7:12 PM

March 28, 2018
Wednesday F
orecast Details
Forecast
:  Mostly cloudy.  Rain likely.  Rain may taper from west to east during the day.
Temperatures:  MO ~ 56 to 62      IL ~  56 to 62         KY ~ 56 to 64       TN ~  56 to 62
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 50%      IL ~  60%       KY ~ 70%          TN ~ 70%
Coverage of precipitation: Scattered to perhaps widespread
Winds:  West and northwest at 6 to 12 mph
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Wet roadways.
Is severe weather expected?  Unlikely
Sunrise 6:45 AM

Wednesday  Night Forecast Details:
Forecast: Cloudy.  Showers and thunderstorms possible.
Temperatures:  MO ~  43 to 46        IL ~ 43 to 46        KY ~  46 to 50       TN ~ 46 to 50
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 30%      IL ~  30%       KY ~  40%          TN ~  40%
Coverage of precipitation: Scattered
Winds: Variable 5 to 10 mph
Is severe weather expected?  No
Sunset  7:13 PM

Questions?  Broken links?  Other?

You may email me at beaudodson@usawx.com

The National Weather Service defines a severe thunderstorm as one that produces quarter size hail or larger, 58 mph winds or greater, and/or a  tornado.

Friday through Sunday: There is a risk of lightning and pea to dime size hail Friday night and Saturday.  The main concern will be elevated thunderstorms.  These thunderstorms will likely remain below severe levels

The main concern will be lightning and perhaps some reports of small hail.  Severe weather appears unlikely.

I am closely monitoring the potential of showers and thunderstorms next week.  At this time, it appears heavy rain is the main concern.  Grounds remain fairly saturated from recent rains.  Flooding could be a concern, but this is still an unknown.  Placement of the stalled front will be key to rain totals.

The greatest risk of heavy rain will be Wednesday and Thursday.  Monitor updates.

National map of weather watches and warnings. Click here.

Storm Prediction Center.  Click here.

Weather Prediction Center.  Click here.

Live lightning data: Click here.

Interactive GOES R satellite.  Track clouds.  Click here.

Here are the latest local river stage forecast numbers Click Here.

Here are the latest lake stage forecast numbers for Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley Click Here.

The spring and preliminary summer outlooks have been posted for subscribers.  Scroll down to see the outlook.

Not a subscriber?  Learn more at this link.

WEATHER HIGHLIGHTS

1.  Rain and a few storms over the coming days.  Not a total washout for some.  Sunday is the pick day of the weekend.
  2.  Large temperature gradient Saturday as a warm front drapes itself across our region.
  3.  An unsettled pattern through next week.  Heavy rain could be a concern, especially Wednesday and Thursday.
  4.  In case you missed it!  Here is the Facebook thread with some exciting new announcements concerning Weather Talk.  Click here to read that.

Highlights

What has changed over the last 24 hours?

Weather Hazards.

Certainties and uncertainties

Good morning, everyone and welcome to the weekend.

We have a mixed bag weekend ahead of us.  No, not the freezing rain, sleet, and snow kind!  Temperatures and precipitation, however, will make for a headache of a forecast.

Today:

Clouds today.  Some breaks in the clouds possible.  Clouds thicken this afternoon and lower.  Rain chances will increase from the northwest to southeast this afternoon.

That means rain chances will increase in the Carbondale and Mt Vernon, Illinois area before Paducah.  Monitor radars.

Rain showers over southeast Missouri may remain scattered.  Greatest coverage over western Kentucky and western Tennessee.

Here is the future-cast radar from the Hrrr model guidance.  This takes us into the afternoon hours.

Temperatures today will rise into the 50’s area-wide today.  Upper 50’s near Poplar Bluff and lower 50’s near Mt Vernon.

Winds today will likely be in the 6 to 12 mph range from the east and southeast.

Tonight and Saturday:

We will have scattered showers and thunderstorms tonight.  Severe weather is not anticipated.  There is a chance of pea to dime size hail in the heavier storms.

Saturday becomes complicated as an area of low pressure moves into the region from the northwest.  This will increase rain chances over our region.

The greatest rain coverage will likely be over southern Illinois and western Kentucky.  Showers and thunderstorms will be more scattered across southeast Missouri, southwest Illinois, far western Kentucky, and northwest Tennessee.

Plan on rain and then hope for the best.

There will absolutely be showers and thunderstorms on radar.  Widespread precipitation likely over southeast Illinois, northwest Kentucky, and the Pennyrile area of western Kentucky.

Monitor radars if you have outdoor plans.  I am telling people to have a plan B.  Then, hopefully your area will dry out before your event.

Rain coverage will be higher during the morning and early afternoon hours.  Precipitation will become more and more scattered as we move through the afternoon hours.

Here is the NAM model guidance future-cast radar.  The timestamp is located in the upper left portion of the animation.

Green is rain.  Yellow and orange would be heavier rain.  Blue is snow.  Red is a wintry mix.  Heavy snow possible to our north later tonight into Saturday evening.

Snow totals to our north could be significant.  A wet snow.  It will paste everything!

A large temperature gradient will spread itself across our region.  Temperatures may be near 70 degrees in Poplar Bluff, Missouri and in the upper 30’s to lower 40’s near Mt Vernon, Illinois and Evansville, Indiana.

Forget your basketball brackets.  Let’s try the temperature brackets Saturday.

The warm front will be key to the temperature forecast.  There is a higher than normal bust potential for temperatures.  Meaning, the forecast could be off by several degrees.

Let’s look at the NAM model guidance future-cast temperatures.  Notice the sharp gradient Saturday.

The timestamp is located in the upper left hand side of the graphic.  Click graphics to enlarge.

Saturday night and Sunday:

We dry out a bit during this time period.  There could still be a few showers and thunderstorms Saturday evening, but precipitation should become more isolated as we move through the night.

There is a chance of isolated showers Sunday, but most areas may remain dry.

Rain chances increase again Sunday night and Monday.

Heavy rain event next week:

There are some signals that a front will stall out in the region next Wednesday and Thursday.  This could mean heavy rain.

PWAT numbers will be high during this time frame.  That means heavy rain chances increase.

What are PWAT values?

We could have rain chances Monday through at least Thursday.  At least scattered and periods of widespread rain.

Rain totals will likely range from 1″ to 3″ between now and Thursday night.  Higher totals will occur if the front stalls in the region mid-week.  Tack on another one to two inches if that occurs.

PWAT animation Monday through Thursday.

Notice the waves of higher PWAT values.

One thing I look for when considering heavier rain amounts is how long the higher PWAT values linger.  They certainly do linger most of the week based on this model guidance package.  Anything above 1″ is decent for this time of the year.  Decent meaning that is quite a bit of moisture to work with.

The WPC/NOAA rain totals forecast shows you the potential of heavy rain in the region.

Let’s look at the rain totals through Sunday.

Now, through the next seven days.

Weather Brains is a weekly podcast/video for those who love weather and want more!

Weather Brains episode number 633

Previous episodes can be viewed by clicking here.

t’s a full house for this episode of WeatherBrains with representatives from a number of weather-related podcasts. Joining us are Becky DePodwin, Ice Station Housman, Scotty Powell from Carolina Weather Gang, Castle Williams,

WeatherHype

, Mark Jelinek, What is it About the Weather, and Phil Johnson of Storm Front Freaks Podcast. This show marks National Weather Podcast Month.

Other discussions in this weekly podcast include topics like:

• Extremes: 98 at Rio Grande Village, TX, and -7 at Cut Bank, MT
  • The creative outlet that is podcasts and how they have changed over time
  • The importance of providing good content in podcasting
  • 25th Anniversary of Blizzard of 1993
  • Astronomy Outlook with Tony Rice
  • and more

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I am working on a few new items for us.

As always, I am grateful for all of you and the support you bring to my passion.

There was never a plan.

All of this started with a severe weather email list of ten or twenty people after the killer 2003 tornadoes. That grew to what you see today.

From that tornado, the Shadow Angel Foundation was born. We delivered hundreds of teddy bears to Pulaski, Massac, and Pope Counties. The “storm” bears went to Head Start, Kindergarten, and first graders. Included with the bears was a package of information for parents on how to talk to their child about tornadoes and severe weather.

We then worked with the Metropolis Planet on producing the Terror in the Night tornado book. The book was filled with personal accounts of that horrible night. Many people said the book helped bring closure.

Since then we have delivered thousands of teddy bears to Child Watch and Pasac. The counselors use the teddy bears to help the children feel safe.

Soon after that, the late Kent King (radio DJ and emergency manager) asked me to cover weather for McCracken County OEM/DES. I was COM 10 on the scanner feeds.

Ed Duff, with McCracken County Rescue, now utilizes my services during severe weather events along with two other local counties. They receive one on one attention during events.

That led me to Sue Henry with the American Red Cross where I was able to help during Hurricane Katrina and Rita. An experience that changed my life.

Around that time social media exploded onto the scene. My personal Facebook page quickly filled up with 5000 people. The limit Facebook allows for personal pages.

Facebook then started pages. I was able to make a page just for weather.

It was soon after that that I bought a portion of my family farm back. We built my house and the Weather Observatory.

Jason Darnall helped put together an amazing weather center. Many hours of work.

Then the Paducah Sun then asked me to do weather for them.

That led to the amazing team at Innovations Branding House. They produced my Weather Observatory website.

About four years ago there was a falling out with some local meteorologists. It bothered me so much that I almost quit weather.

The Paducah Sun even ran a story that I was taking a break from weather. I was taking a year off.

Several other local meteorologists then came to me and told me to brush it off. They encouraged me to start a weather business. They explained what I could bring to the local weather table.

Soon after that, as fate would have it, Preston Ursini and the Fire Horn team asked me to think about producing text messages during severe weather. That led to Weather Talk. That then led to the Weather Talk app.

Had it not been for that low point, I don’t think Weather Talk would have ever come to be. Life is funny like that. Something bad turned into something good.

I often times tell people that I have the best Facebook friends, enthusiasts, and followers. It is rare that someone complains on the weather page.

Some of you have basically become like family to me. When severe weather strikes it becomes personal to both you and me.

Here is what we are going to bring you.

1. We are coming out with a major app update for subscribers. We plan on having radar in the app, as well as your usual app/text messages to the daily blog, video, and Facebook updates.

2. We are completely revamping the WeatherTalk website. Preston Ursini, from The Fire Horn, is working alongside Innovations Branding House to complete this task. The Fire Horn is who I partner with to make all of this work.

3. I am going to try and stick to a daily schedule. That way everyone knows when to expect an update. See the comment section.

4. Many of you have asked me to do Facebook Live video updates during winter storms and severe weather outbreaks. I have spent the last week learning how to use OBS studio software. This software will allow me to deliver you Facebook Live events. You will get your wish.

5. We are moving towards a flat subscription fee of $5 a month. Everyone that is paying $3 a month will be grandfathered in. If you want to voluntarily upgrade to the $5 plan then that would be great. We will roll this out when the new website is finished.

Right now we have a $3, $5, and $10 plan. The only difference is how many cell phone numbers you can add.

With the $5 a month plan we will let everyone have up to seven phone numbers. That should cover your family members. Sound good?

6. I have streamlined the digital media blog. That would be the talk.weathertalk.com site. You will find that is has been organized.

Remember, I work for you. I don’t work for television or radio. I am your employee.

You have a personal meteorologist. And, as everyone knows, I put my heart and soul into this.

Subscribers will receive the following:

You may subscribe at www.beaudodsonweather.com

1. The app/text updates during tornado outbreaks and all other weather events.
2. Rapid-fire tornado app/text messages. I send out numerous updates as I track the tornado. Some of you can testify to these rapid-fire tornado messages.
3. Daily weather forecast sent to your app/text.
4. Link sent to the app/text to the daily blog and Facebook updates on non-severe weather days. Instead of waiting around for me to post a new Facebook thread you can receive it in your app/text.
5. Link sent to the app/text to the daily blog and Facebook updates on severe weather or winter storm days.
6. We are updating the weather map page on the website. That page will have thousands of daily weather maps for you to access.
7. I answer every email you send. I try to answer every private message you send to me.
8. We run three hour live feeds during severe weather where we attempt to answer as many questions as possible. Same for winter storms.
9. You receive access to special short and long-range video updates from the Bamwx team (who help me with daily videos).
10. You receive access to special short, long-range, and seasonal temperature and precipitation outlooks.
11. Your subscription fee helps six local charities (see comment section for more information).

Normal monthly out of pocket operating costs (see comment section) are around $2000.00.

The service I provide is unique. I don’t believe there is anything else like it in the country. Not for this price and not for the volume of information you receive.

We hope to have the new app and website finished soon. Watch for announcements.

New schedule

Example of some of my rapid-fire tornado app/text messages.

Make sure you have app/text notification ONE turned on.  This one is called WeatherOne.  You can make sure that is on by signing into your www.weathertalk.com account and clicking the personal notification settings tab.  Make sure WeatherOne is on (green).  Green is on.  Red is off.

We offer interactive local city live radars and regional radars.   If a radar does not update then try another one.  If a radar does not appear to be refreshing then hit Ctrl F5.  You may also try restarting your browser.

The local city view radars also have clickable warnings.

During the winter months, you can track snow and ice by clicking the winterize button on the local city view interactive radars.

You may email me at beaudodson@usawx.com

Find me on Facebook!

Find me on Twitter!

2016-11-19_11-50-24

Did you know that a portion of your monthly subscription helps support local charity projects?

You can learn more about those projects by visiting the Shadow Angel Foundation website and the Beau Dodson News website.

I encourage subscribers to use the app vs regular text messaging.  We have found text messaging to be delayed during severe weather.  The app typically will receive the messages instantly.  I recommend people have three to four methods of receiving their severe weather information.

Remember, my app and text alerts are hand typed and not computer generated.  You are being given personal attention during significant weather events.

Comments are closed.