Beau Dodson's WeatherTalk Blog

April 10, 2018: Non-subscriber. Warmer weather is on the way.

Tonight:

There will be a risk of frost tonight.  If you have sensitive plants then you may want to cover them.

Tonight’s low temperatures (temps may be in the lower 30’s over southern Illinois and northwest Kentucky).  A light freeze is possible.

Bottom line:

If you have outdoor plans Friday evening into Saturday night then monitor updates and have a plan B.

Keep in mind, a few showers are possible as early as late Thursday night into Friday morning.  Those would be passing showers.

Details:

The weekend forecast continues to be a bit of a struggle.

What I know!

1.  It will rain at least Friday night into Saturday morning
  2.  There will be some gusty thunderstorms in the region.
  3.  Widespread rain totals of 0.50″ to 1.00″ between Friday night and Saturday morning.

What I don’t know!

1.  Whether a few thunderstorms will become severe.
  2.  Whether the cold front will stall in the region Saturday morning into Saturday afternoon.

The main issue with the Friday into Sunday forecast is a cold front that will push into the region Friday afternoon and night.

This front will have plenty of moisture to work with.

PWAT values will be well above average.  That means locally heavy rain.

You will typically find me talking about PWAT values during the spring and summer months.

Basically, it means there is a lot of moisture in the atmosphere.

Here are some of the PWAT charts.

This is the PWAT values animation.  A persistent stream of moisture from the Gulf of Mexico.

Notice how it lingers over Kentucky and Tennessee?  That is a signal for potentially heavy rain.  Not a slam dunk forecast and confidence in the stall is low.

Static image.  Notice the moisture comes straight out of the Gulf of Mexico.

Deviations from normal.  These are well above average.   Notice how the red colors slow over our region?

That is a signal the front MAY stall.  If the front stalls then heavy rain could fall over portions of our region.  Heavy meaning greater than three inches.

The key to the BIG rain totals will be the front stalling.

PWAT values Saturday 1 AM.  These are high numbers.

Here are the EC rainfall totals.  Notice the heavy band?  Those dark reds into whitish colors are 3 to 5″ of rain.

Now, keep in mind that this is simply the EC model.

Other models differ.

The EC shifted a bit further east today than its previous model run.  Notice how the EC has smaller rain amounts over portions of southern Illinois and southeast Missouri.

Confidence in rain Friday night and Saturday morning is high.

Confidence in the rain lasting into Saturday afternoon and night is low.

The good news is that it appears the threat of severe weather may be fairly low and limited to southeast Missouri.  This will also need to be monitored.

This is an analog severe weather forecast.  It bases its forecast on previous similar events.

The deep red is where it believes there will be a risk of severe storms.   Our region is not out of the woods.  Let’s keep an eye on it.

I am forecasting the greatest risk west of the Mississippi River.

WeatherTalk monthly operating costs can top $2000.00.  Your $3 subscription helps pay for those costs.  I work for you.

For $3 a month you can receive the following.  You may choose to receive these via your WeatherTalk app or regular text messaging.

1.  Severe weather app/text alerts from my keyboard to your app/cell phone.  These are hand typed by Beau.   During tornado outbreaks, you will receive numerous app/text messages telling you exactly where the tornado is located.
  2.  Daily forecast app/texts from my computer to your app/cell phone.
  3.  Social media links sent directly to your app/cell phone.  When I update the blog, videos, or Facebook you will receive the link.
  4.  AWARE emails.  These emails keep you well ahead of the storm. They give you several days of lead time before significant weather events.
  5.  Direct access to Beau via text and email.  Your very own personal meteorologist.  I work for you!
  6.  Missouri and Ohio Valley centered video updates
  7.  Long-range weather videos
  8.  Week one, two, three and four temperature and precipitation outlooks.
  9.  Monthly outlooks.
  10.  Your subscription also will help support several local charities.

Haven’t you subscribed?  Subscribe at www.beaudodsonweather.com

Example of a recent severe weather alert.  I issued this well before the official tornado warning.  You would have had plenty of time for you and your family to seek shelter.

Your $3 per month also helps support these local charity projects.

I encourage subscribers to use the app vs regular text messaging.  We have found text messaging to be delayed during severe weather.  The app typically will receive the messages instantly.  I recommend people have three to four methods of receiving their severe weather information.

Remember, my app and text alerts are hand typed and not computer generated.  You are being given personal attention during significant weather events.

WWW.WEATHERTALK.COM subscribers, here is my day to day schedule for your weather products.

April 10, 2018
Tuesday F
orecast Details
Forecast
: Patchy morning fog.  Intervals of clouds and sun.  Cool.
Temperatures:  MO ~ 52 to 56      IL ~  50 to 55         KY ~ 52 to 56       TN ~  54 to 58
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 0%      IL ~  0%       KY ~ 0%          TN ~ 0%
Coverage of precipitation: None
Winds: Northeast 4 to 8 mph
What impacts are anticipated from the weather?  None
My confidence in the forecast verifying: High
Is severe weather expected?  No
The NWS defines severe weather as 58 mph wind or great, 1″ hail or larger, and/or tornadoes
Should I cancel my outdoor plans?  No
Sunrise: 6:27 AM

Tuesday  Night Forecast Details:
Forecast:  Mostly clear.  Frost again possible.
Temperatures:  MO ~  32 to 36      IL ~ 32 to 36      KY ~ 34 to 38        TN ~ 36 to 40
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 0%      IL ~  0%       KY ~  0%          TN ~ 0%
Winds:  North and northwest at 4 to 8 mph
What impacts are anticipated from the weather?  Frost
My confidence in the forecast verifying:  High
The NWS defines severe weather as 58 mph wind or great, 1″ hail or larger, and/or tornadoes
Sunset: 7:24 PM

April 11, 2018

Wednesday Forecast Details
Forecast
:  Mostly sunny.  A few clouds from time to time.  Warmer.  It will feel more like spring.  Breezy, at times.
Temperatures:  MO ~ 64 to 68      IL ~  64 to 68         KY ~ 65 to 70      TN ~  65 to 70
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 0%      IL ~  0%       KY ~ 0%          TN ~ 0%
Winds: South and southwest at 4 to 8 mph early becoming 7 to 14 mph with gusts to 20 mph after 12 PM
Sunrise: 6:25 AM

Wednesday  Night Forecast Details:
Forecast:  Intervals of clouds.   Not as cold.  Breezy.
Temperatures:  MO ~  48 to 52      IL ~ 48 to 52      KY ~ 48 to 54        TN ~ 50 to 54
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 0%      IL ~  0%       KY ~  0%          TN ~ 0%
Winds:  South and southwest at 7 to 14 mph with gusts to 25 mph
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Most likely none.
Should I cancel my outdoor plans?  No, but monitor updates.
Sunset: 7:25 PM

April 12, 2018
Thursday F
orecast Details
Forecast
:  Warmer.  Spring temperatures.  Mostly sunny with a few passing clouds.  Breezy.
Temperatures:  MO ~ 74 to 78      IL ~  74 to 78          KY ~ 75 to 78      TN ~  75 to 78
Winds:  South and southwest at 15 to 30 mph with higher gusts
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Gusty winds.
Sunrise: 6:24 AM

Thursday  Night Forecast Details:
Forecast:  Mostly clear early.  A few clouds late.  Mild.  Breezy.  A fast moving late night shower possible across southeast Missouri and southwest Illinois.
Temperatures:  MO ~  56 to 62      IL ~ 56 to 60       KY ~ 58 to 62        TN ~ 58 to 64
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 20%      IL ~  20%       KY ~  0%          TN ~ 0%
Coverage of precipitation: None to isolated
Winds:  South and southwest at 15 to 30 mph and gusty
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Gusty winds
Sunset: 7:26 PM

April 13, 2018
Friday F
orecast Details
Forecast
: Partly sunny, breezy, and warm.  A few afternoon showers and thunderstorms will be possible.
Temperatures:  MO ~ 74 to 78      IL ~  74 to 78        KY ~ 75 to 78      TN ~  75 to 78
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 30%      IL ~  30%       KY ~ 20%          TN ~ 20%
Coverage of precipitation:  Perhaps a few isolated late day showers or thunderstorms.
Winds: South at 15 to 30 mph and gusty
What impacts are anticipated from the weather?  Perhaps wet roadways.  Perhaps lightning.  The precipitation chances would be late in the day and mainly over southeast Missouri.  The front may hold off until Friday night.
Is severe weather expected?  Not at this time.  Monitor updates.
Should I cancel my outdoor plans?  No, but check updates and radars.
Sunrise: 6:22 AM

The timing of the cold frontal passage Friday night and Saturday will be key to the weekend forecast.

Some of the guidance slows the front considerably Saturday.  If this occurs then rain will last longer into the afternoon and evening.  This is most likely east of the Mississippi River.

Friday  Night Forecast Details:
Forecast:  Becoming cloudy.  A good chance of showers and thunderstorms.  Some locally heavy rain possible and gusty winds near storms.  Mild temperatures.
Temperatures:  MO ~  56 to 62     IL ~ 56 to 62      KY ~ 58 to 64        TN ~ 48 to 64
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 90%      IL ~  80%       KY ~  70%          TN ~ 70%
Coverage of precipitation: Increasing coverage overnight.  Becoming widespread.
Winds:  South at 10 to 25 mph and gusty.
What impacts are anticipated from the weather?  Wet roads and lightning.  Monitor the threat of severe weather.
Is severe weather expected?  Severe weather can’t be ruled out.  The greater risk will be over southeast Missouri and perhaps southwest Illinois.  Monitor updates.
Should I cancel my outdoor plans?  Have a plan B.  The later into the evening the greater the rain chances.
Sunset: 7:27 PM

Caution:  Saturday’s forecast is low confidence.  The front may stall in our region.  If the front stalls then heavy rain could occur well into the afternoon and evening hours.  I am monitoring this part of the forecast.

April 14, 2018
Saturday F
orecast Details
Forecast
:  Widespread showers and thunderstorms.  Rain may taper across southeast Missouri but continue elsewhere.  The front may slow/stall and that would mean rain chances continuing across southern Illinois, western Kentucky, and western Tennessee.  Confidence in how long the rain lingers is lower than normal.
Temperatures:  MO ~ 64 to 68      IL ~  64 to 68         KY ~ 65 to 70       TN ~  65 to 70
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 60%      IL ~  60%       KY ~ 70%          TN ~ 70%
Coverage of precipitation:  Widespread before 12 pm.  Uncertain after 12 pm.
Winds: South winds becoming west at 10 to 20 mph and gusty.
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Wet roadways.  Lightning.  Monitor the risk of intense thunderstorms.
My confidence in the forecast verifying: High during the morning and then LOW after 12 pm.
Is severe weather expected?  Some storms could be intense across western Kentucky and Tennessee.  Monitor updates.
Should I cancel my outdoor plans?  Have a plan B in the morning and then monitor the afternoon forecast.
Sunrise: 6:21 AM

Saturday  Night Forecast Details:
Forecast:  Showers possible early.  Turning cooler.  Gusty winds.
Temperatures:  MO ~  36 to 42      IL ~ 36 to 42      KY ~ 38 to 44        TN ~ 40 to 44
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 30%      IL ~  40%       KY ~  60%          TN ~ 50%
Coverage of precipitation: Scattered
Winds:  West and northwest at 6 to 12 mph with gusts to 25 mph
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Wet roadways.
My confidence in the forecast verifying: Medium
Sunset: 7:28 PM

April 15, 2018
Sunday F
orecast Details
Forecast
: Intervals of clouds.  Cooler.  A rain shower possible.
Temperatures:  MO ~ 45 to 50      IL ~  45 to 50        KY ~ 46 to 52      TN ~  48 to 52
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 30%      IL ~  30%       KY ~ 30%          TN ~ 30%
Coverage of precipitation: Scattered
Winds: West at 10 to 20 mph and gusty
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Perhaps wet roadways.
My confidence in the forecast verifying: Medium
Sunrise: 6:20 AM

Sunday  Night Forecast Details:
Forecast: Intervals of clouds.  Colder.  Light showers or snow flurries possible.
Temperatures:  MO ~ 35 to 40      IL ~ 35 to 40      KY ~ 35 to 40        TN ~ 35 to 40
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 20%      IL ~  20%       KY ~  20%          TN ~ 20%
Coverage of precipitation:  Isolated
Winds: West and northwest at 6 to 12 mph
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Wet roadways.
Sunset: 7:29 PM

April 16, 2018
Monday F
orecast Details
Forecast
:  Intervals of clouds.  Chilly.
Temperatures:  MO ~ 48 to 54     IL ~  45 to 50         KY ~ 45 to 50       TN ~  46 to 52
What is the chance of precipitation?  MO ~ 10%      IL ~  10%       KY ~ 10%          TN ~ 10%
Coverage of precipitation:  None
Winds:  Variable at 5 to 10 mph with gusts to 15 mph
My confidence in the forecast verifying:  Medium
Sunrise: 6:18 AM

Monday  Night Forecast Details:
Forecast:  Mostly clear.  Frost possible.  Chilly.
Temperatures:  MO ~ 35 to 40      IL ~ 35 to 40      KY ~ 35 to 40       TN ~ 35 to 40
Winds:
What impacts are anticipated from the weather? Perhaps frost.
Sunset: 7:30 PM

RAIN TOTALS

Let’s take a look at precipitation totals for the late week event.

A few heavy thunderstorms are possible.

These won’t be exact, of course.   Just take a general idea from the graphics.

The GFS model guidance

Notice the heaviest rain is mostly to the west of the Mississippi River.

The GEM model guidance

The GEM guidance shows higher rain totals because it has a second low moving into our region from the south and west.  This is the only model guidance currently showing this solution.  Thus, its rain totals are much higher than all the rest of the guidance.

Not saying it can’t happen.  For now, however, confidence is low that there would be a second storm system involved.  Let’s keep an eye on it.

WPC/NOAA rainfall forecast

Interactive Radars:
Interactive live weather radar page.  Choose the city nearest your location. If one of the cities does not work then try a nearby one.  Click here.

Questions?  Broken links?  Other?

You may email me at beaudodson@usawx.com

The National Weather Service defines a severe thunderstorm as one that produces quarter size hail or larger, 58 mph winds or greater, and/or a  tornado.

Tuesday through Thursday night: Severe weather is not anticipated.

Friday into Saturday: Thunderstorms are possible.  The best chance of storms will be Friday night into Saturday morning.  There remain questions on the exact timing of the front passage.  I can’t completely rule out a few severe thunderstorms.  This would mainly be across southeast Missouri.  If the front moves into the region slower then we will also have to monitor Saturday.

Sunday through Tuesday:  Severe weather is not anticipated.

Interactive live weather radar page.  Choose the city nearest your location. If one of the cities does not work then try a nearby one.  Click here.

National map of weather watches and warnings. Click here.

Storm Prediction Center.  Click here.

Weather Prediction Center.  Click here.

Live lightning data: Click here.

Interactive GOES R satellite.  Track clouds.  Click here.

Here are the latest local river stage forecast numbers Click Here.

Here are the latest lake stage forecast numbers for Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley Click Here.

The spring and preliminary summer outlooks have been posted for subscribers.  Scroll down to see the outlook.

Not a subscriber?  Learn more at this link.

Weather Headlines

• A chance of frost tonight.
  • Much warmer Wednesday into Friday.
  • Widespread showers and thunderstorms along an incoming cold front late Friday into Friday night.  The timing of the front is questionable.  Monitor Saturday, as well.

The main weather story today will be the stubborn clouds.  Clouds may linger into the afternoon.  This will keep temperatures cooler than normal.  I can’t completely rule out a sprinkle.

Temperatures tonight will likely dip into the 30’s.  That will mean another chance of frost.  Perhaps a few locations will bottom out around freezing.  Par for the course.

The great news is that much warmer air arrives Wednesday and will last until at least Friday and perhaps Saturday!

High temperatures on Wednesday will top out in the 60’s.  Highs on both Thursday and Friday will reach well into the 70’s.  It will actually feel like spring, for once.

Here are the high-temperature maps for Wednesday through Friday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Friday’s highs may vary based on cloud cover.  I think most areas will be well into the 70’s.  This model may be too low in the temperature department.

We will have gusty winds Wednesday into Saturday.  Winds may occasionally gust above 30 mph.  This is especially true as the pressure gradient tightens across the region in front of our next storm system late in the week.

Let’s take a look at the future-cast radar from both the GFS and GEM models.

The GEM shows a second storm system riding up the front.  That keeps rain in the region longer.  Just not sure that happens, but I am monitoring the situation.

GFS

The timestamp is located in the upper left part of the animation graphic

The GFS brings the bulk of the rain into our region Friday night into early Saturday morning.

Now, the GEM model

The GEM keeps the rain going into Sunday.

Timestamp upper left is in Zulu time.

0Z is 7 PM, 06Z is 1 AM, 12Z is 7 AM, and 18Z is 1 PM.

Click images to enlarge.

For now, let’s go with most of the rain occurring Friday night into early Saturday morning.  Rainfall totals of 0.60″ to 1.20″ are a good bet.   Locally higher totals likely in thunderstorms.  If the second system occurs then I will need to raise those numbers.

I will keep a close eye on the GEM idea of the second area of low pressure.   I will say, the GEM has done well over the past six months.  Sometimes it catches weather events that the GFS misses.

We will have another shot at frost Sunday night as colder air filters back into the region.

Severe weather risk?

Analogs (forecasts made based on previous weather events) indicate the best chance of severe weather will likely remain west of the Mississippi River.

Here is the analog forecast map.  You can see the greatest risk well to our west.

The Storm Prediction Center has outlined this area in yellow for a few severe thunderstorms.  Keep in mind, this event is several days away and the outlooks usually move around a bit.

Weather Brains is a weekly podcast/video for those who love weather and want more!

Weather Brains episode number 637

Tonight, we have the author of the book  The Man Who Caught the Storm: The Life of Legendary Tornado Chaser Tim Samaras about the 2013 deadly El Reno, Oklahoma tornado.  He is a journalist who has written for

Wire

, Popular Mechanics

and

Texas Monthly.  Brantley Hargrove, welcome to WeatherBrains!

Other discussions in this weekly podcast include topics like:

• Possible severe weather on April 3rd across Mid-South and Ohio Valley/Squall line threat
  • E-mail segment from Aubrey
  • Possible snow in the mountains of East TN/NE Georgia this weekend
  • Astronomy Outlook with Tony Rice
  • and more!

Previous episodes can be viewed by clicking here.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I am working on a few new items for us.

As always, I am grateful for all of you and the support you bring to my passion.

There was never a plan.

All of this started with a severe weather email list of ten or twenty people after the killer 2003 tornadoes. That grew to what you see today.

From that tornado, the Shadow Angel Foundation was born. We delivered hundreds of teddy bears to Pulaski, Massac, and Pope Counties. The “storm” bears went to Head Start, Kindergarten, and first graders. Included with the bears was a package of information for parents on how to talk to their child about tornadoes and severe weather.

We then worked with the Metropolis Planet on producing the Terror in the Night tornado book. The book was filled with personal accounts of that horrible night. Many people said the book helped bring closure.

Since then we have delivered thousands of teddy bears to Child Watch and Pasac. The counselors use the teddy bears to help the children feel safe.

Soon after that, the late Kent King (radio DJ and emergency manager) asked me to cover weather for McCracken County OEM/DES. I was COM 10 on the scanner feeds.

Ed Duff, with McCracken County Rescue, now utilizes my services during severe weather events along with two other local counties. They receive one on one attention during events.

That led me to Sue Henry with the American Red Cross where I was able to help during Hurricane Katrina and Rita. An experience that changed my life.

Around that time social media exploded onto the scene. My personal Facebook page quickly filled up with 5000 people. The limit Facebook allows for personal pages.

Facebook then started pages. I was able to make a page just for weather.

It was soon after that that I bought a portion of my family farm back. We built my house and the Weather Observatory.

Jason Darnall helped put together an amazing weather center. Many hours of work.

Then the Paducah Sun then asked me to do weather for them.

That led to the amazing team at Innovations Branding House. They produced my Weather Observatory website.

About four years ago there was a falling out with some local meteorologists. It bothered me so much that I almost quit weather.

The Paducah Sun even ran a story that I was taking a break from weather. I was taking a year off.

Several other local meteorologists then came to me and told me to brush it off. They encouraged me to start a weather business. They explained what I could bring to the local weather table.

Soon after that, as fate would have it, Preston Ursini and the Fire Horn team asked me to think about producing text messages during severe weather. That led to Weather Talk. That then led to the Weather Talk app.

Had it not been for that low point, I don’t think Weather Talk would have ever come to be. Life is funny like that. Something bad turned into something good.

I often times tell people that I have the best Facebook friends, enthusiasts, and followers. It is rare that someone complains on the weather page.

Some of you have basically become like family to me. When severe weather strikes it becomes personal to both you and me.

Here is what we are going to bring you.

1. We are coming out with a major app update for subscribers. We plan on having radar in the app, as well as your usual app/text messages to the daily blog, video, and Facebook updates.

2. We are completely revamping the WeatherTalk website. Preston Ursini, from The Fire Horn, is working alongside Innovations Branding House to complete this task. The Fire Horn is who I partner with to make all of this work.

3. I am going to try and stick to a daily schedule. That way everyone knows when to expect an update. See the comment section.

4. Many of you have asked me to do Facebook Live video updates during winter storms and severe weather outbreaks. I have spent the last week learning how to use OBS studio software. This software will allow me to deliver you Facebook Live events. You will get your wish.

5. We are moving towards a flat subscription fee of $5 a month. Everyone that is paying $3 a month will be grandfathered in. If you want to voluntarily upgrade to the $5 plan then that would be great. We will roll this out when the new website is finished.

Right now we have a $3, $5, and $10 plan. The only difference is how many cell phone numbers you can add.

With the $5 a month plan we will let everyone have up to seven phone numbers. That should cover your family members. Sound good?

6. I have streamlined the digital media blog. That would be the talk.weathertalk.com site. You will find that is has been organized.

Remember, I work for you. I don’t work for television or radio. I am your employee.

You have a personal meteorologist. And, as everyone knows, I put my heart and soul into this.

Subscribers will receive the following:

You may subscribe at www.beaudodsonweather.com

1. The app/text updates during tornado outbreaks and all other weather events.
2. Rapid-fire tornado app/text messages. I send out numerous updates as I track the tornado. Some of you can testify to these rapid-fire tornado messages.
3. Daily weather forecast sent to your app/text.
4. Link sent to the app/text to the daily blog and Facebook updates on non-severe weather days. Instead of waiting around for me to post a new Facebook thread you can receive it in your app/text.
5. Link sent to the app/text to the daily blog and Facebook updates on severe weather or winter storm days.
6. We are updating the weather map page on the website. That page will have thousands of daily weather maps for you to access.
7. I answer every email you send. I try to answer every private message you send to me.
8. We run three hour live feeds during severe weather where we attempt to answer as many questions as possible. Same for winter storms.
9. You receive access to special short and long-range video updates from the Bamwx team (who help me with daily videos).
10. You receive access to special short, long-range, and seasonal temperature and precipitation outlooks.
11. Your subscription fee helps six local charities (see comment section for more information).

Normal monthly out of pocket operating costs (see comment section) are around $2000.00.

The service I provide is unique. I don’t believe there is anything else like it in the country. Not for this price and not for the volume of information you receive.

We hope to have the new app and website finished soon. Watch for announcements.

New schedule

Example of some of my rapid-fire tornado app/text messages.

Make sure you have app/text notification ONE turned on.  This one is called WeatherOne.  You can make sure that is on by signing into your www.weathertalk.com account and clicking the personal notification settings tab.  Make sure WeatherOne is on (green).  Green is on.  Red is off.

We offer interactive local city live radars and regional radars.   If a radar does not update then try another one.  If a radar does not appear to be refreshing then hit Ctrl F5.  You may also try restarting your browser.

The local city view radars also have clickable warnings.

During the winter months, you can track snow and ice by clicking the winterize button on the local city view interactive radars.

You may email me at beaudodson@usawx.com

Find me on Facebook!

Find me on Twitter!

2016-11-19_11-50-24

Did you know that a portion of your monthly subscription helps support local charity projects?

You can learn more about those projects by visiting the Shadow Angel Foundation website and the Beau Dodson News website.

I encourage subscribers to use the app vs regular text messaging.  We have found text messaging to be delayed during severe weather.  The app typically will receive the messages instantly.  I recommend people have three to four methods of receiving their severe weather information.

Remember, my app and text alerts are hand typed and not computer generated.  You are being given personal attention during significant weather events.

Comments are closed.